Mobile County (Alabama) Revenue Commissioner - property tax discount

by Amy Walker
(Mobile, AL)

There is a very much non-publicized discount for residents of Mobile County, Alabama (and I imagine MANY other counties/states offer this very same thing) for the disabled.

You can get a property tax (total) exemption if: you are on SSDI, (or) you are on long term disability (through an employer) and you obtain TWO doctor's certifications of total disability, (OR) if you are not on disability, I believe you can still obtain it with the two forms filled out by your physician - their website has the PDF forms available for download.

The following link has the forms required, or if you have questions, you can contact Jessica Davis

TIP: you should probably *call* their office first to double check what you will need in order to qualify (i.e., what specific paperwork you will need in your particular case). Their phone number is (251) 574-8545.

You can go into their offices to apply, or mail your application.

The deadline is Dec. 31st for the following tax year.

Marilyn E. Wood
Revenue Commissioner
P.O. Box 1169
Mobile, AL 36633-1169

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Disability Discounts.

You may be interested in....

Since you're interested in disability related products, you may also be interested in the following products recommended by our affiliate partners, at no extra cost to you.  Just click on any product, and you'll be taken to the merchant for that product.

Note that the recommendations are auto-generated, so may not match automatically.  But you can also do a search for any product you like just below the product options.    Hope that helps!

Comments are moderated - by a human who also lives offline.  
Please allow up to 48 hours before comments are displayed.

comments powered by Disqus

The Special Life Newsletter

Sign up now to get news and special offers from The Special Life in our occasional Newsletter.