Help for segmental dystonia?

by Janet Craig

Financial help to the rescue!

Financial help to the rescue!

I have segmental dystonia i need help at home and help with rent


Note from Anna:

Hi Janet.

Thanks for reaching out.

Your best bets for getting help at home and help with rent are going to be with government agencies, followed by local charities.

You didn't say where you're from, but I would suggest that you look Community Living in your area, or similar NGOs that specifically help match people with available programs.

Almost everything is based on where you live, followed by your age, your condition and your financial means.

There are usually programs at the local/municipal level, the state/provincial level, and the national level.

If you are in the USA, then a good place to start is:

In Canada, a good starting point is:
the Employment and Social Development Canada site

If you provide more information as to your location, more help may be offered by visitors as well, below.

Hope that helps!

Good luck

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Questions.

You may be interested in....

Since you're interested in disability related products, you may also be interested in the following products recommended by our affiliate partners, at no extra cost to you.  Just click on any product, and you'll be taken to the merchant for that product.

Note that the recommendations are auto-generated, so may not match automatically.  But you can also do a search for any product you like just below the product options.    Hope that helps!

Comments are moderated - by a human who also lives offline.  
Please allow up to 48 hours before comments are displayed.

comments powered by Disqus

The Special Life Newsletter

Sign up now to get news and special offers from The Special Life in our occasional Newsletter.